The Airmar GH2183 combines GPS positioning and highly accurate heading information in one compact antenna. The GH2183 eliminates the need to install a GPS antenna above deck and a heading sensor below deck. Only one installation above the deck is required, saving installation time and money. The waterproof housing protects the internal components?all of which are solid-state (no moving parts). This means the GH2183 can withstand almost any condition that exists in the marine environment.
What sets the GH2183 above the competition is our 2° heading accuracy in dynamically changing conditions including rough seas, hard turns, and steep heeling. Airmar’s unique dynamic motion correction software is the key difference, allowing the GH2183 to maintain 2° of accuracy even if the vessel is pitching and rolling up to 30°. Also unique to the GH2183 is that the three-axis accelerometer and three-axis rate gyro are temperature compensated across the entire operating range, resulting in precise tilt and rate of turn data. The fast 10 Hz update rate, along with best-in-class heading and GPS data, make it the best choice for interfacing with WinGPS 5 Pro
, WinGPS 5 Voyager
and/or WinGPS Marine +
• GPS and heading combined into one housing.
• Better than 1° heading accuracy in static conditions.
• Best-in-class 2° heading accuracy in dynamic conditions.
• Three-axis solid-state compass provides heading data.
• Three-axis accelerometer provides pitch and roll data.
• Three-axis rate gyro provides rate-of-turn data.
• Only recreational heading sensor that uses a three-axis rate gyro.
• Compass calibration can be easily done on any display or PC.
• Perfect product for metal hulled boats.
• WAAS GPS provides latitude, longitude, COG, SOG, time & date and magnetic variation.
• Optionally available as GPS only (G2183).
• IPX6 waterproof enclosure.
• Outputs NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000® data simultaneously.
Note: No connection cables are included with this product. The connection cables for the Airmar compass can be found at the bottom of this page as seperate products.